Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mom's writings

Anyone that really knew my Mom knew she loved to write.  I actually have a few of her writings. Some have dates and others dont.



In the arms of safety I will be.
Forever held in warm desire,
never to fall again.
The safety is there,
hand and hand with security.
Love will help hold them together,
bonded throughout eternity.
For now you hold their key,
forever more in love to see

Reba
7-16-1990





Here we stand going day by day.
Letting our love show the way.
One day at a time is what we said,
Time flies by mounting into weeks, months
and hopefully the years will soon mount up.
Never ending,
not to go without your sweet touch.

Reba
7-16-1990



Daughter

Tiny hands and tiny feet,
snuggled beneath the woolen sheep.
So sweet and smallbarely two feet tall
never again to be so small.
Her rosy cheeks, her dimpled smile,
just for her I'd walk a mile.
I can't believe God gave her to me, 
or how wonderful having a daughter could be.




By: Reba



The fear and tears are just below the surface.
The fear that you are about to leave, never to return.
The tears are there waiting to be shed, when you are gone.
The emptiness they leave is like a hole that burns all the way through my whold being.
The pain is so intense it seems to numb me all over.  
Happiness is fading, for the fears and tears are just below the surface.






He started out all pink and small.
The nurse brought him in.  
Such a tiny bundle to see for someone who made my belly swell.
At last to see the beautiful baby boy that grew in me.
The nurse put you in my arms and I checked you once, twice, assuring myself you did have ten fingers, ten toes.
Your hair was white blonde.  Not much more then the fuzz on a peach.
Your huge blue eyes drinking in all the wonders of your new world.
You started out allpink and small, not a hint of how fast you would grow.
I can't believe a few short years ago you were looking up at me with wide eyed wonder.
Now , I look up at you, not believing my eyes.
My little tiny baby has grown into such a fine young man.
You over flow with love, understanding, and strength.  Your road so far in life has not been an easy one, but you will grow stronger and continue to become a very fine man.
You have earned the love and respect from a great many people who know you.
I hope you will continue to draw on you inner strength and finish learning how to be a leader who does not have to follow the foot steps of the crowd.
Always remember, never forget that I love, respect, and admire you for the person you are and I will always stand by you no matter what your decisions in life may be.

Loving you always, 
Mom





Broken
Broken hearts, broken dreams, 
Broken lives, torn at the seams.
Broken promises of final school day fun.
The end of life that has just begun.
Broken families, broken friends,
When will it ever end?


By: Reba Spoor
4-23-1999





I have been searching for my missing part.  Someone who will care for me, hold me, accept me as I am and not expect me to give them more than they give me.
All my life I have had only bits and pieces of this person in whomever I was with.
Until now, he has shown me that he has feelings, he somewhat accepted me, he did not ask of me what I could not offer at this time.  Mostly all I have really wanted was to be held and made to feel like he never wanted me to go, as much as I wanted to stay.  And he gave that to me, I must thank him for those brief and very precious in my heart moments.
Sadly I must admit thought that he does not care, want, or need me like I may have needed him.
I am scared to try and search once more for I cannot withstand the pain.  The tears have all gone through the cases and stained my pillow with hurt forever.
I joke and laugh, so I dont cry in anyones presence.  The pain is getting worse though and my friends see it and they feel its wrath.
Why couldnt he tell me it was nothing or good-bye?  Why did he have to come over and hold me again?  Why say you will call, when you really wont?  Why let me open up and talk to you, laugh, and joke?  Is this all some sort of game you like to play?  Or is it just someone else leading the dance in your life?  Your missing part that made you whole?
I wish that I could just wipe away these feelings I have and draw myself a silent part to make me whole...to help me complete my lifes journey without hesitations or regrets.
I feel lost and alone, so much to give to someone special.  Someone who wants, need, cares about and loves just me, Reba, not the mother, daughter, sister, friend or worker.....just Reba.







He is always there for his little girl, no matter how big she is.
Giving advise even when not asked.
Picking up on problems even Mom may miss.
Giving me enough tomboyishness to survive whatever may come my way.
Buffering the blows between sibling rivalries (even if he knew me to be at fault).
Having an endless supply of love that only a father can have.
Yes, he is a pretty terrific guy, and I hope he could always think of me as Daddy's Little Girl.


With all the love I have for you on this Father's Day, 1986
Reba






Your stature is tall, your arms are strong.
Your face is rugged showing the years of fight.
Your smile is warm, your touch, oh so light
Your embrace is strong and light.
A gentle man not at first sight.
When you are near, the gentle man appears.
Rough on the edges, but warm and precious.
You take me by surprise every time we meet.
There are no weak knees or quivering heartbeat.  
Just a calm.
No up and down uncontrolled emotions, 
just relaxed understanding respect 
and yes, even some love from you.

Reba 7-16-1990







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these.. I know it is probably still hard for you to read what she has written.

    ReplyDelete