Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day 2001 I was pregnant with Anthony.  I considered myself a mother at that time.  I was...sorta.  He was just still in my belly.
Mother's Day 2002 I had this amazing little boy.  He was almost 1 and he was the best thing that happened to me.  My Mom was there, and Im sure we went over to Grandmas.  We went there a lot.
Mother's Day 2003 I cried for my little boy.  I cried wanting him to be home with me.  I was pregnant with Jonathan, and life had changed a lot.
Mother's Day 2004 I dont remember if I got to see my kids or not.  I didnt have them.  Hell I was living with Jenn at that point.  I probably worked.
Mother's Day 2005 I had just found out Dylan was on the way a few weeks before.  I had my boys, and life was good.
Mother's Day  2006 I had my 3 wonderful boys.  We had known for a few months about Moms cancer.  Probably went to Grandmas.
Mother's Day 2007 We were told the most horrible thing.  Moms tumor was back.  I will not forget that day. That Mother's Day.  My last Mother's Day with a mom.  The ones before I took for granted.  The ones after were never the same.  I have these amazing kids that made me a mother, but Mother's Day will never be the same.  Sure I can call Grandma or Aunt Jean and tell them Happy Mother's Day, but I want my mom.  I want to call her and tell her Happy Mother's Day.  I want to hear her voice again.  Even just for a minute.  I want her to hug me and tell me everything is going to be ok.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day 2011 and all I want for Mother's Day is to feel my moms hug again.  To hear her voice.  I miss you Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment