Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Grandpa

As I sit here thinking about tomorrow, I remember 3 years ago.  I remember the nurse telling Grandma to go ahead and go home and get some rest that nothing was going to happen for awhile.  It was also Johns birthday.  I felt so bad for him to be spending his birthday at hospice waiting for Grandpa to die.  I always knew that I had a special bond with Grandpa, but didnt really realize the bond my cousins had with him until that day.  I saw the same sadness in Johns eyes as I felt.  Even talking to John I could hear the sadness.  Sadness that I felt.  I felt like I lost a dad.  Grandpa had been there for me for so many things.  What was I going to do without him?  Who was I going to turn to?  The pain of losing him was almost as bad as losing my mom.  My mom.  I know she was there waiting for him and he went to her and hugged her tightly.  He was with his baby girl again.  The sadness in his eyes was gone now.

No comments:

Post a Comment